Shredded Chicken Tacos with Lime Chipotle Aioli
These tacos are delicious (obviously, duh), full of good quality organic protein (30g of it to be exact) and a ton of raw veggies, provide over 70% of my daily fibre intake (Au Revoir sluggish bowels!) and have more antioxidants than you can shake a stick at. You might think that having a Taco night is considered a ‘cheat day’ but when they provide 200% and 180% of your Vitamin A & C requirements respectively, you might think again!
Oh and don’t even get me started on the glories of poaching chicken breasts…not only are they cooked without using any fats (like oils), it is so moist and versatile. I always have some shredded poached chicken in my fridge, as it is handy to throw in risottos, salad or in this case, in tacos to save you precious time in those Hangry moments when every second counts!
· 6 Sprouted Wholewheat or Corn Tortillas
· 1 Chicken Supreme (Chicken Breast on the bone)
· ½ Avocado
· ¼ Small Red Cabbage
· 1 Carrot
· ¼ Cucumber
· 2 Little Gem Hearts (or chopped Romaine leaves)
· 80g Cherry Tomatoes
· 2 Spring Onions
· A Handful of fresh coriander leaves
For the Aioli
· 2 tbsp Vegenaise (or Mayonaise)
· Zest & Juice from 2 Limes
· 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
· ½ tsp Chipotle Chilli Flakes
· Salt & Pepper to taste
· Put the chicken breast, along with half a raw onion, in a large saucepan of cold water and bring to the boil.
· Simmer on a very low heat for 20 mins or until cooked through.
· Take out of the water and leave to cool.
· Finely dice the spring onions and cucumber.
· Mix all of the ingredients for the Chipotle Aioli. Set aside.
· Chop all of the vegetables and slice the avocado.
· Once the chicken has cooled slightly, pull apart with your hands.
· In a bowl, combine the shredded chicken, diced spring onions, cucumbers and the aioli. Mix well.
· Now it’s time to have fun assembling the tacos!
· Serve with a squeeze of lime and a sprinkling of coriander.
Macros per serving (Serving Size 3 Tacos)
Calories — 538
Carbohydrates — 79g
Fat — 15g
Protein — 30g
Fibre — 17g
Vitamin A — 199%
Vitamin C — 178%
Iron — 22%
Calcium — 18%