Rosemary Infused Cranberry Simple Syrup & Chia Jam
It’s Party-Preppin’ time up in here! Hosting a festive dinner party? Well don’t get your tinsel in a tangle, I got you covered! This Cranberry Simple Syrup is packed full of fruit which is loaded with Vitamin C, only contains 3 ingredients and best of all, is refined sugar free. A healthy Christmas cocktail? Errr yes please!! And don’t waste the discarded cranberries, make them into a super easy Rosemary Infused Cranberry Chia Jam that can be drizzled into porridge for the ultimate festive breakfast! The whole process takes less than 15 minutes with minimal fuss and looks like you went to a whole lot of effort.
Now, is it considered acceptable to start drinking cocktails alone at 10am when the kids are at school? No? Damn it!
· 225g Fresh Cranberries
· 200g Xylitol
· 3 Rosemary Sprigs
· 240ml (1 cup) of Water
· 2 tbsp of Chia seeds (for the jam, not the syrup!)
· In a medium saucepan, bring the cranberries, xylitol, rosemary sprigs and water to a gentle simmer.
· Reduce the heat and cook until cranberries are tender and starting to burst, which is approximately 10 minutes.
· Once cooled slightly, strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a sterilised air tight container. Keep refridgerated.
· Instead of wasting the remaining cranberries, add them to 2 tbsp of chia seeds and a little bit of water.
· Combine well and set aside until it is a jam like consistency.
· Store in sterilized air tight jar in the fridge.