Easy Summer Gazpacho
Ah the humble Gazpacho — about as fresh a soup as they come! Classics are called classics for a reason, amiright?? The perfect way to pack in a ton of antioxidant-rich vegetables that are simply bursting with flavour. One serving has 155 calories, 4g of plant-based protein and 4g of fibre. It also provides a huge 76% and 121% of my daily Vitamin A and C requirements respectively, which is pretty darn appealing when rolled up in such a low fat, low carb package!
· 1 kg Large Vine Tomatoes
· 2 Sweet Red Peppers
· 1 Medium Cucumber
· 3 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
· 3 tbsp Olive Oil
· Handful of fresh Basil leaves
· 90g Stale Sourdough Bread (can use any crusty gluten free loaves too)
· 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
· 40g Sundried Tomatoes
· Himalayan Salt
· Fresh Black Pepper
· Optional — Chilli Flakes to taste
Tip: Since this soup is raw, try to buy as high quality ingredients as you can, so that the flavour is as full as possible.
· Chop the tomatoes, red peppers and cucumbers and place in a big bowl.
· Cut the bread into small cubes and add it to the bowl.
· Add the olive oil, vinegar, basil, salt, pepper and paprika and combine well using your hands.
· Add the sundried tomatoes.
· Cover with cling film and put in the fridge for half an hour to marinate.
· Blend to desired consistency using a stick blender.
· Serve with some baked croutons and diced cucumber and a drizzle of good quality olive oil.
Calories — 155
Carbohydrates — 19g
Fat — 8g
Protein — 4g
Fibre — 4g
Vitamin A — 76%
Vitamin C — 121%
Iron — 10%